Hours Description: Full Time Permanent
Agro Centre Manager / Sales
South Country Co-op Limited
Broxburn Agro Site
Reporting to the Agro Centre Division Manager, the Agro Centre Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Agro Centre Site, including completing sales, site sales, gross margin and other expense control; department standards; ordering and inventory control; human resources; customer service; administrative duties; and department production and merchandising.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a liaison and public relations representative for the Co-op within the communities we serve, by delivering a world-class customer service that is fast, friendly and efficient;
- Must be able to perform Crop Solution Sales to members, reaching agreed upon sales objectives
- Provide leadership and direction to employees in accordance with company policies, procedures, programs, merchandising standards and overall expectations;
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and achievement of financial results and facility budget objectives in the areas of sales, margins, expenses and profits;
- Ensure standards of department presentation and operations are met, including cleanliness, sanitation, marketing and sales of bins, feed, livestock equipment, inventory control, rotation, ordering and commitment buys;
- Provide leadership in the area of health and safety, loss prevention and environmental due diligence. Assist in identifying unhealthy or unsafe situations and ensure corrective action is taken;
- Provide leadership in the area of employee relations, hiring, training, development, performance management, assigning duties, discipline, recognition, termination, security, administration of policy and procedures;
- In accordance with departmental budget and collective bargaining agreement, schedule department staff to meet production and customer service needs in an efficient manner;
- To be accountable for the receiving, inspecting and storage of merchandise in the site;
- To ensure that all merchandise is being inspected and when excessive damage, shrinkage and shortages in inventory are evident that this is communicated to the Agro Division Manager or designate and proper action is taken;
- Perform or assist with the year-end competency reviews and development of work plans;
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints, supply shortages, and staffing issues.
- Ensure paperwork procedures, as set by South Country Co-op, are followed;
- Observe safety measures and report hazardous conditions immediately to the Agro Division Manager;
- Maintain adequate product inventory levels, perform periodic inventory counts and manage stock control procedures;
- Ensure that site equipment is well maintained and report to Division Manager when repairs or maintenance are required;
- Work closely with Co-op Retail Sales Coordinators and follow programs established by them.
- Network and communicate professionally with suppliers;
- Follow safe front-line loss prevention practices, and maintain a constant alert against unauthorized removal of merchandise;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of management and agronomic experience in Seeds & Chemical products
- Must have 3 to 5 years of agronomic sale experience.
- Strong agricultural background is an asset;
- Financial literacy to create budgets, set margins and create work schedules;
- Candidates must demonstrate effective team leadership skills and the ability to work well within a multi-generational team;
- A degree or certificate applicable to the position is an asset, however, not a requirement;
- Candidates must also possess a positive, ambitious attitude, with good communication, organizational, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
To be part of our Exciting Story, please submit your resume to:
South Country Co-op Limited
#100 - 3030 13th Ave SE
Medicine Hat, AB T1B 1E3
Fax: (403) 580-5122
Posting close May 5, 2017
The benefits of a job with South Country Co-op can be found by visiting our Co-op Careers page.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions or for more information, please contact
Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-528-6600 ext. 5198
Your local co-op is part of the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). The CRS is an organization consisting of retail co-operatives across western Canada. The CRS offers a wide range of career opportunities in the retailing, wholesale and manufacturing sectors. For more career opportunities in the CRS, please visit the Co-op Connection website.